Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Happy Halloween with Saturated Canary's Fly Girl!


I'm back with a festive card for Halloween! I'm slowly starting to get in the holiday mood...specially since the holidays are growing ever and ever closer! This year has just gone by way way too fast!

I was all motivated and raring to go last week to get my holiday crafting on and then came down with a sinus infection. I've been fighting a cold off with Zycam for about a month when kiddos started getting sick. I thought I was safe and then, wham!...instantly woke up feeling just awful last week! I'm starting to feel a little better after being medicated so I'm kicking myself in the butt to get going on these cards!

Anyhoo...I splurged a little and got me some more Saturated Canary digis! Krista has some super cute Halloween images, so I just had to get her "Fly Girl" because I love witches! I think I dressed up as a witch almost every year when I was a kid...lol.


I used a sketch from "Sketch Saturday"...first time since leaving the DT. They are doing such a wonderful job over there following in Jo's footsteps and have made it all their own.


Although I'm in love with this image...I'm not thrilled with the way my card turned out. I screwed up royally when coloring the image...I had the colors bleeding everywhere! Then I tried to fix it with a dotted background and just drowned it...lol. So I had to cut out the image to save it...as you can probably tell? I had to cut off her beautiful tendrils of hair and some of the swirly parts of the broom...not very happy about it. 

Then when creating the cloudy background I had ink all over my fingers and smudged it...so had to cover the smudges with the liquid pearls. So if you're wondering why I went crazy with the liquid pearls, that is why. I should have just started over at this point....lol. That's what I get for crafting with a sinus infection!


The sentiment is part of my new Spooky Halloween pattern circles! If you like them, you can find them in my digi shop HERE! I shared some freebies on my blog last week...if you missed them, you can find them here.


And the inside..I kept simple. My sewing machine was definitely not wanting to cooperate...lol.


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
LAYOUT: Sketch Saturday -"Sketch #228"
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: Saturated Canary -"Fly Girl" and sentiment is from my "Creepy Crawly Circles" set
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers and Image stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Background is sponged with Spiced Marmalade Tim Holtz Distress Ink
PAPERS: All cardstock matting and DP is Colorbok & Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: Lime green satin ribbon and rhinestone brads from stash
TOOLS: Cuttlebug Machine, Spellbinders Circle Dies and Sewing machine
OTHER: Stardust Stickles, Silver Liquid Pearls and 3d Dimensionals

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~ 

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:
 
Sketch Saturday -"Sketch #228"
Crafty Bloggers Network -"Anything Goes"
Hooked on Craft -"Halloween"
House of Gilli -"Anything Goes"
Make it Monday -"Always Anything Goes"
Cutie Pie Challenge -"Use a Digi"
Come and get it Challenges -"Use 3 From List"
No Matter Which Challenges -"Halloween Creations"
Scrappy Frogs -"Halloween"
Catch The Bug -" October Anything Goes"
Crafty Mess Challenges -"Anything Goes"
Simon Says Stamp -"Glitter and Glimmer"
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Crafting!!
 

22 comments:

heidy said...

Glad your feeling a bit better Tracey and I so love your card,think it's gorgeous!!
XXX Heidy

Karina said...

Gorgeous card, Tracey! Love this image as well... love witches just as you do :o). Your colouring on this sweetie is fabulous. The colours you used are great, also love the yellow cloudy heaven you created. I am glad you feel a bit better in the meanwhile.
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs, Karina

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is wonderful Tracey. I LOVE the image and your colouring is brilliant. I love the background and those gorgeous papers too.
I hope you feel loads better soon.

Sue

Sharon said...

Love the colour combination Tracey and the image is gorgeous. also love the background to the image.
Hugs Sharon. x

Judy McKay said...

Lovely image, great coloring and layout. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it Challenges this week.

Joann Burton said...

This is lovely Tracey. Your coloring is fantastic and I love the inside as well. Great Job...joann sassy raggedy

Rica said...

A fabulous card, your colours and papers are stunning. I love love your SC image, fabulous colouring and such brilliant details.

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with <a href="http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.de/>Simon Says Stamp challenge.</a>

coops said...

so stunning tracey.fabulous striking colours and design and i love the gorgeous sc image :D

xx coops xx

Desire Fourie said...

This is just gorgeous. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. I saw this on MIM and just had to pop over to have a closer look.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

marion said...

What a great take on our theme, love your card. Thanks for joining us at NMWC and good luck. Hugs, Marion

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Tracey :-) the image is so very cute and the colours and details are absolutely fabulous ! Curring the image out has really added to the dimnension ,, LOVE it :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Frea said...

Hi Tracey, just popped in to have a look at your gorgeous card! Wow great coloring, and love your stitching. Saw your card on MIM. My entry is no. 127. Hugs Frea

SuzanneK said...

Wow, your card is fantastic. Love the background and your colouring is gorgeous, not to mention the papers and layout. Thanks for playing along with us this month at NMW Challenges, hope to see you again next challenge. Hugz Suzanne

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautiful colouring, Tracey! Love your fun cloudy background, super stitching and great text paper. It's a beauty! And thank you for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday! Hugs, Lesley

Rebekah said...

This is utterly stunning Tracey! I know what you mean with trying to fight off illness myself right now, mums just don't have time to be ill! I love the colour choices on this card superb hugs rebekah xx

Angela said...

What a work of ART! love it !!!

Thanks for sharing with us in the Craftymess challenge.
Ax

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Tracey, love your gorgeous card, fab image & details. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

Donna x

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a gorgeous card. Love your amazing coloring on the cute image and pretty dp. Thank you so much for joining us at Make It Monday this week. Hope to see you again soon.. :)

Paul said...

So much awesome detail. Thank you so much for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge this month at Catch The Bug. This open challenge really is a great way to see lots of different styles and techniques – always an inspiration.
TFS
Paul
Crafty Blogocks
DT Member for Catch The Bug

Andrea said...

Fantastic Halloween card inside and out! I love all the glitter accents and colours. I found you at Make It Monday.

sammi said...

Beautiful card. The stitching is a fabulous touch. Thank your for playing along with us in our challenge at Catch The Bug! We appreciate you! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Bugaboo Stamps

Ann said...

Beautiful card; love the shading and glitter! Thanks so much for joining us at House of Gilli.